18 March 2011

TORRE RETURNS TO YANKEE CAMP

Joe Torre made an appearance at Yankees camp yesterday in his official capacity as a MLB VP.

In the managers office, he met with Joe Girardi and general manager Brian Cashman.

After the meeting Torre announced that he has accepted an invitation to participate in the annual Old-Timers’ Day festivities June 26 at Yankee Stadium.

“I don’t know if I’m letting the cat out of the bag, but I was invited back for Old-Timers’ Day,” Torre said. “If I did let the cat out of the bag, maybe they’ll withdraw the invitation. But, yeah, I’m planning on it.”

Torre also was seen chatting with Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada.

Russell Martin, Torre's former catcher with the Dodgers also exchanged pleasantries with his former skipper.

“You wish the time I left that it could have ended differently, but I don’t know how it could have,” said Torre. “I don’t know if any one of us knew how to say goodbye at that point in time.”

Next stop: Monument park to hang #6 on the wall.

No comments:

Contact/About Me

Advertise on NYYU

Make me an offer. pins.....................@yahoo.com

FIND OUT WHO IS CALLING YOU!

Directory of unknown callers.Phone fraud: Report it! Stop it!Directory of unknown callers.Phone fraud: Report it! Stop it!

God Bless America

God Bless America
Stand With Rand