08 March 2008

NOTE TO RAYS: HARDBALL GOES BOTH WAYS!


In the 9th inning of a meaningless game Elliot Johnson of the Rays dropped a shoulder to Yank catcher Francisco Cervelli on a play at the plate. Cervelli has a fractured wrist. (See video at end of story)

What a scumbag.

To make matters worse, this is not the 1st time this spring the Rays have had an unnecessary collision at the plate. On Wednesday, Carl Crawford plowed over Houston catcher Humberto Quintero.

Joe Girardi: “I think it’s uncalled for in spring training. You get people hurt and that’s what we got, we got Cervelli hurt. I’ve always known that you don’t do it. I know kids play aggressive and play hard. That’s how you want them to play. But maybe if it happens too much you should mention something. It’s one thing to get hit by a pitch that gets away or twist an ankle running the bases. I don’t understand it. During the season I’m all for. It happens in the season, I understand it. In spring training, I don’t really."

Idiot...I mean...Elliot Johnson: “From my point of view, I’m trying to score a run. His left foot was right there blocking the plate. My options were to hook around and slide and I thought that would take too much time and I would be out. I was not trying to hurt anybody, especially in a spring training game."

Your option you moron was to NOT drop your shoulder into the catcher. Just like it's Girardi's option to make you eat dirt when you come to bat against the Yanks on Wednesday.

Thats right, jackass....you'se gots to play us again!

Low life Ray manager Joe Maddon says "I loved the hardball. We're playing it hard, we're playing it right. It was a bang-bang play at the plate. I couldn't tell exactly where the catcher was in regard to the plate. He was trying to score a run right there, and that was part of the game."

Tampa has a new identity this year. They ditched the Independent League type name "Devil Rays" along with the stupid stingray logo and the neon puke green uniforms. This year they are the "Rays" (since one syllable is easier for Maddon to pronounce) boasting a big sunshine logo. Here is hoping that on Wednesday Girardi sends a big RAY of sunshine right up Maddons.......


No comments:

Contact/About Me

Advertise on NYYU

Make me an offer. pins.....................@yahoo.com

FIND OUT WHO IS CALLING YOU!

Directory of unknown callers.Phone fraud: Report it! Stop it!Directory of unknown callers.Phone fraud: Report it! Stop it!

God Bless America

God Bless America
Stand With Rand