07 July 2006

SHAWN SHUNNED

Joe Torre announced yesterday that Kris Wilson will start Sunday's game against the Devil Rays, taking Shawn Chacon's spot in the rotation. Wilson pitched two perfect innings out of the bullpen in his Yankee debut Wednesday night.

WILSON: "Two days ago, I was planning on starting in Indianapolis for the Columbus Clippers. I didn't expect it by any means. It's a nice surprise."

Chacon will be the Yanks' long reliever, for now. The Yankees brass held discussions about what to do with Chacon and have considered designating him for assignment.

CHACON: "It's disappointing but I understand completely, I know how it works around here. It's not a last-place team where you just run a guy out there. I'm a starting pitcher. I'm not a reliever. I understand what this is about. In no way do I feel like this is permanent."

No comments:

Contact/About Me

Advertise on NYYU

Make me an offer. pins.....................@yahoo.com

FIND OUT WHO IS CALLING YOU!

Directory of unknown callers.Phone fraud: Report it! Stop it!Directory of unknown callers.Phone fraud: Report it! Stop it!

God Bless America

God Bless America
Stand With Rand