17 June 2006

SMALL DESIGNATED FOR ASSIGNMENT


The Yankees designated Aaron Small for assignment and recalled T.J. Beam from the Clippers.

"I didn't get the job done, and they felt like I'm a fish out of water in the bullpen," Small said. "I'm more of a starter, but I'm not going to make excuses. I apologize for not getting the job done. It's pitching, and I didn't get people out consistently."

"We just feel he's more suited to be a starter," manager Joe Torre said. "At this point in time, we need relievers."

Beam was a 10th-round draft pick in the 2003 draft. He began the season with Double-A Trenton, where he was 4-0 with an 0.86 ERA in 18 relief appearances. He was 0-0 with a 3.72 ERA in five games after getting promoted to Columbus.

No comments:

Contact/About Me

Advertise on NYYU

Make me an offer. pins.....................@yahoo.com

FIND OUT WHO IS CALLING YOU!

Directory of unknown callers.Phone fraud: Report it! Stop it!Directory of unknown callers.Phone fraud: Report it! Stop it!

God Bless America

God Bless America
Stand With Rand