24 February 2006

**UPDATE** SHEFF: SWEET & SOUR **UPDATE**



Sheffield blasts media!

So now it's the media's fault.

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Gary Sheffield vented his frustration Friday, then left Legends Field upbeat about his future with the New York Yankees.

OK, He's happy again.

Sheffield was angry over television reports about a meeting earlier this week during which New York general manager Brian Cashman said the team would likely pick up his $13 million US option for next season.

Gee Gar...didn't know it was some kind of national security secret!

"The way it looked on TV, it made me look like I was two years old," Sheffield said, "like I can't go into a room, be told something and then tell you what I was told. If I come out of the room positive, are they playing games with me or something? You're supposed to be positive if your general manager comes out and says there's a possibility they'll pick up your option. They don't see no reason not to. I produced for two years. What else do you want me to do?"

Obviously, Gary was not an english major.

Sheffield talked reporters after the Yankees worked out. He also address the matter again after meeting with Cashman, who sought out the right fielder after learning of his comments.

I would have loved to hear Cash's opening line..."Hey Gar, What the ...?"

"I don't want anybody to take my kindness as a weakness," Sheffield said. "Like I said before, this is where I want to be, but don't test me. It never was a done deal. It was a possibility. I'm happy about that. But there's two sides to that. On one side, I trust you, but don't play me. I don't care who it is, if it's the Boss, if it's him, don't play me. There are plenty of other teams out there that want my services ... that's the bottom line."

Very true Gary, plenty of teams would love your services but very few would want to put up with your BS!

Click here for full story from SLAM.

No comments:

Contact/About Me

Advertise on NYYU

Make me an offer. pins.....................@yahoo.com

FIND OUT WHO IS CALLING YOU!

Directory of unknown callers.Phone fraud: Report it! Stop it!Directory of unknown callers.Phone fraud: Report it! Stop it!

God Bless America

God Bless America
Stand With Rand