06 February 2009

SEASON TIX HOLDERS GETTING THE SHAFT

It seems that some loyal season ticket holders are being offered lesser plans for the new stadium than they had for the old place, unless you beg them.

The following is an email I received from a friend telling me about what the Yankees are doing and the email trail between her and the Yankees.

Names and numbers have been deleted for privacy.



Mike,

As you know, (see my blog), last Fall I got “the don’t call us, we will invoice you” phone call from the Yankees. According to that I would be invoiced in January and that would be how I would know where my seats were and how much they cost.

I made friends on Facebook with another season ticket holder, ***********, She had a 48 game plan and was trying to get a full season. They Yankees offered her 20 games. She had to call the ticket office to end up with a 41 game plan.

See email trailer below:


-----Original Message-----
From: ******* [mailto:******@verizon.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 10:23 PM
To: Relocation
Subject: 41 Game Plan

I am a season ticket holder since 2002. I have selected a 41 game plan for 2009, I have not heard anything to date since a phone call last October. Consequently I am somewhat concerned, as typically by now I have been invoiced.

Please advise as to whether you have forgotten about me or the process is just delayed.

My account # is **-*****

Regards,


*************


From: "*****, ******"
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 09:54:35 -0500
To: ********** <********@verizon.net>
Subject: RE: 41 Game Plan


*****,

There was very high demand for 81 game plans this year so 41 game plans took a hit in inventory. You'll most likely receive an invoice for a 20 game plan within the next two weeks. Thank you.


XXXXX XXXXXXXX
Ticket Operations
New York Yankees
Yankee Stadium Ticket Office
161st Street and River Ave.
Bronx, NY 10451
XXXXXXX@yankees.com
718.XXX.XXXX


-----Original Message-----
From: ********@verizon.net [mailto:********@verizon.net]
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 10:27 AM
To: ******, ******
Subject: Re: 41 Game Plan

Will I still get tickets for opening day? - If not would like my original request honored.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry


From:******, ****** [mailto:*******@YANKEES.COM]
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 11:00 AM
To:*********@verizon.net
Subject: RE: 41 Game Plan

No, unfortunately you won't get opening day. You're original request will be honored though. Thank you.

XXXXX XXXXXXX
Ticket Operations
New York Yankees
Yankee Stadium Ticket Office
161st Street and River Ave.
Bronx, NY 10451
XXXXXXX@yankees.com
718.XXX.XXXX


From: ******* ***** [mailto:********@verizon.net]
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 7:58 PM
To: '*********'
Subject: RE: 41 Game Plan

Dear Mr. Xxxxxxx,

I do want you to know that as a fan , I was like many others fans distressed when the Yankees changed all the ticket plans. Also that premium seats were created. Many fans are experiencing hardships due to the economy, and personally I thought it was very disloyal for the NY Yankees to cater to the wealthy patron.

Most ticket holders do not have incomes over $100,000 per year and like myself set aside their ticket money throughout the year. As I said, I appreciate that my 41 game seat request will be honored, as a that is what I budgeted for the 2009 season.

As a long time season ticket holder I have made associations with other season ticket holders. They like myself, make up the middle class patron. Many are distressed with the Yankees lack of rewarding these long time fans for their patronage; but courting of the big dollar ticket seat. I would hope that you would bring this to Yankee management. Many fans like myself feel they are being squeezed out of season plans in favor of the wealthy patron.

Thank you for your response. I assume this means that my original request for a 41 game plan will be honored. I look forward to hearing from the ticket office.

Regards,

XXXXX XXXXXXX



The Yankees can do better than this.




No comments:

Contact/About Me

Advertise on NYYU

Make me an offer. pins.....................@yahoo.com

FIND OUT WHO IS CALLING YOU!

Directory of unknown callers.Phone fraud: Report it! Stop it!Directory of unknown callers.Phone fraud: Report it! Stop it!

God Bless America

God Bless America
Stand With Rand