29 August 2006

PAVANO TO YANKS: "OH...BY THE WAY....

PAVANO HURT IN CAR WRECK-DOESN'T TELL TEAM!

Carl Pavano has a pair of broken ribs, sustained in a mid-August car accident that the oft-injured right-hander didn't tell the team about until Monday.

Pavano said he was hurt early Aug. 15 in West Palm Beach, Fla., when on a rainy night his car hit a puddle, spun out of control and hit a truck that was at a stop sign.

PAVANO: "There was no ambulance or anything. I was able to walk away from it.I had my seat belt on. I think that's the area where maybe I got injured, is where the seat belt was.

It just seems like there's a lot of distractions that are caused by me that go around with the team, and I figured that, at the time, it was something I could get through. I felt all right. I knew something was wrong, I didn't know the extent of it, but I figured that I'd pitch through it and it would get better. I just didn't seem to get better, and that's the only reason why I really went to the team.

I needed a doctor's opinion on what kind of treatment I needed. I figured the best thing to do was come clean with it and get the right treatment."

The fact that Pavano did not inform the organization is in violation of his contract.

Yank GM Brian Cashman: "Of course I'm angry. ... I've got an army of people here that we provide to put our players in the best position possible to succeed, and I don't want anybody to sabotage that by holding back. And clearly here, for a period of time that took place."



Information from The Associated Press

No comments:

Contact/About Me

Advertise on NYYU

Make me an offer. pins.....................@yahoo.com

FIND OUT WHO IS CALLING YOU!

Directory of unknown callers.Phone fraud: Report it! Stop it!Directory of unknown callers.Phone fraud: Report it! Stop it!

God Bless America

God Bless America
Stand With Rand